This little gem of a place is great for playing fetch or enjoying a nice stroll through the park. Although not technically a dog park, locals use it as an off leash park. This old park has been run down, but luckily for us dog lovers its perfect for us. Playgrounds, lots of trails, and a small creek makes this a perfect place for an afternoon wind down, or a Saturday morning gathering!
4158 Peachtree Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30319
*Be aware that this place could have changed since our trip in Oct 2016-be aware of leash laws!*
- Pet Art Exhibit in London: This is the world’s first art exhibit for dogs. Not only does it have art work for dogs but it is designed to visually please and is hung at dog eye level! It also has interactive art like a giant dog bowl filled with balls! Here’s hoping it makes it way to the states!
- Camp Dogwood: We were lucky enough to spend a weekend at Camp Dogwood for their Winter Un-Camp. Winter Un-Camp is one of three different camps they offer. A weekend full of fun dog friendly activities and seminars. Plus fun with like minded people. Why not take a vacation with your pup!!!
- Lancaster Dog Park: You seariously gotta see this to believe this. Lancaster Dog Park now known as Beau’s Dream Dog Park at Buchanan Park was the winner of the Beneful Dream Dog Park Makeover. It received 500,000 to redesign the dog park, and the COOLEST among coolest things…the Ball Throwing Tree. Yes you heard that. They designed a tree to throw balls for the pups. If you’re ever near Lancaster Pennsylvania check it out.
- Purina Pawsway: An interactive, entertaining museum for you and your pup located in Toronto, Canada. This places holds tons of exciting events and activities and admission is always free.
- Purina Farms: Located outside of the beautiful St. Louis is a place called Purina Farms. This unique place holds tons of dog shows and trials, tons of dog friendly events. You need to explore Purina Farms!
- Petsmart Patio at Chase Field: We all know Petsmart the huge pet store, but they now have a pet friendly patio at Chase Field home of the Arizona Diamondbacks. During the summer they hold “Dog Days of Summer” where you can take your pup out to the ball game, sit in dog friendly seating and dog friendly concessions. There is also an indoor (air conditioned) and outdoor dog park to socialize with friends.
- Parkground Cafe: Located in Atlanta, Georgia is this adorable gem some just drive by and don’t realize this little coffee shop had their own fenced dog park! Enjoy some coffee and let your pup have some fun with friends.
- Tailwags Playground: Located in Columbus, Ohio is this new indoor dog park. Still in the works is their own dog friendly cafe as well. Free wifi allows you come by with your pup and read a book or work on homework. They offer tons of different events as well. In town check them out! Fingers cross Lexington gets one soon! Perfect for rainy or cold days!
- Captain Mikes Dolphin Tour: Take a “3 hour tour”(bad joke). Why not take your boat trip with your pup to see dolphins! I know my pups would love to meet a dolphin! Captain Mikes Dolphin tours are pet friendly!
- Dog Bark Inn: A bed and breakfast in a BIG BEAGLE! Thats right, a giant building built to look like a beagle and a beagle pup is available to rent between April and October.
- Fort DeSoto Beach: One of the top 10 dog beaches in the USA. Enjoy a lazy day at the beach where you pup can run off leash and enjoy swimming in the gulf!
Be sure to save this link and come back. We are always adding to the list!
Have you been to any of these? Do you have some to add to the list. Please let us know!
Every Christmas we like to spend some time just us. Me, Mom, Dad and Koda.
The last three years we’ve traveled to Ellijay, GA and stayed at different Pet Friendly Cabins. This year we stayed at Fauna Lodge, one of the many pet friendly cabins Sliding Rock Cabin Rentals rents.
- Covered Hot Tub
- Outside Fire-pit
- Fenced in dog yard
- Fenced in deck
- Leather Couches with plenty of seats
- Big TVs with Cable and Netflix
- Comfy King Size Bed
- Fenced in dog yard-not attached to deck (must leash or trust dog fully to get to the dog yard)
- Construction Next Door
See the Virtual Tour Here
Plan your next trip
One of our favorite things to do is travel to different states and dog parks. So far we’ve visited over 250 dog parks! We have learned so much about what a great dog park looks like, we have a TOP 20 LIST based on how we rate the Characteristics of a Dog Park
Characteristics of a Dog Park
using the NO LEASH acronym
Nature of Park– Type of Park, On leash/off leash area, fenced or not fenced
Open to– Public or Fee/Private
Location of– Address, parking ease, ability to get in and out, ease to fine
Enrichment-Agility equipment, water for swimming, wooded area
Surfaces– Type of surface- sand, turf, grass, dirt, pebbles
Human Comfort- bathrooms, seating area, shade
Check out all the dog parks we’ve visited by checking out
The OK Dog’s Ultimate Dog Park List