Inside Newtown Park
3150 Old Alabama Road
(across the street from Fire Station #63)
Johns Creek, GA 30022
Type of Park: Off Leash
Surface Area: Roughly 1 acre, astro turf, pebbles, dirty and rocks, asphalt walking path
Stimulating Activities: Water Sprinklers, tunnels, doggy bridge, agility jump.
Cooling: Water Sprinklers give plenty of water to drink, also a water fountain inside the park, quiet a few shade trees and two picnic shelters.
Separate Areas: Yes one small dog area and then the main area is for all dogs (the small dog area is not very big and does not have as much inside it.
Greenage: four or five waste bag and trash stations through out park (you don’t have to walk far to get a bag or deposit one)
Human Comfort: Big rocks to sit on, two picnic shelters, benches throughout the park. There is bathrooms not far from the dog park in Newton Park.
Location: Inside Newtown Park, Next to the basketball courts. Not hard to find.
Membership: no membership fees, see below for rules:
- The dog park is open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. (*Effective June 4, 2015, the dog park will be CLOSED for maintenance every Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.)
- Use of the Dog Park is at your own risk. You are responsible for your dog and any injuries caused by your dog.
- All dogs must wear a collar with a valid license and have current vaccinations required by law.
- Please be considerate and dispose of your dog’s waste in the receptacles provided.
- Dogs must be under control and supervision of their handler at all times.
- If your dog becomes aggressive, please leash the dog and exit the park immediately.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Gates must be closed after entrance and exit.
- Puppies under four months and female dogs in heat are not allowed in the park.
- Food (human and dog) and glass containers are not permitted.
- Cats strictly prohibited.
What makes the park unique: This park was made possible because a dog lover entered the Beneful WagWorld Dream Dog Park Contest. Winning $500,000 to make this park possible! It is open for all dogs and their humans! It is by far on of the nicest park with some of the nicest people! You MUST visit!
TheOKdogs Rating: 5 paws out of 5
Top 5 Reason to Visit Atlanta