DO’s & DON’Ts of visiting the Dog Park
- Do leash your dog when outside the off leash areas
- Do “UN” leash your dog when inside the off leash areas
- Do be observant-Keep an eye on your pup
- Do be prepared-keep your leash on you at all time, and make sure your pup knows their recall.
- Do bring poop bags and pick up your dogs poop.
- Do bring water for your pup
- Do know & understand doggy language
- Do know the difference between play & aggression.
- Do leave a collar & or harness on your pup-to be able to control your pup in case of a scuffle
- Don’t wear clothes that you care about
- Don’t spend your whole time looking at your phone
- Don’t forget to pick up your dog’s poop
- Don’t micromanage your dog & other dogs
- Don’t give people veterinary advice (unless you are one)
- Don’t bring treats
- Don’t bring kids
- Don’t leave choke chains or other electronic devices on your pup.
- Don’t bring more dogs that you can handle.
- Don’t bring un-vaccinated pets to the park
Here’s a great graphic from Dr. Sophia Yin to help the visual learner